Skip to main content

The Story Seeker

I am especially fond of the article "The Story Seeker" for the TimesLedger. The writer and illustrator profiled in the article is someone who interviews and writes about those who typically would not be seen. I see a lot of myself in writer Zina Saunders. I hope that her story will resonate as much with you as it did with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Barriers

 A long time ago, I left journalism for a career in marketing and communications. What I've taken with me, though, is a passion for writing and a curiosity for learning more about the people around me and the daily functioning of life overall. In my current role for Community Care Behavioral Health, I oversee a newsletter that features stories about various months (Recovery Month, Mental Health Awareness Month, etc.), news about employees and general 'news you can use' stories. I've featured an article here on Disability Pride Month, which highlights the anniversary of the ADA and celebrates those individuals with disabilities in the workplace. 

Library Card Month

In another lifetime, I would have been a librarian. I love everything about books and libraries. So, when I discovered that September is Library Care Sign-up Month, I wanted to write an article extolling the virtues of having a library card, besides checking out books, for others. Check this out and sign up for your library card today.